You are Invited!
4th Ever Pasture Party for Land Conservation!
Saturday, October 6th, 2012
11 AM to 3 PM
Location: P.A. Bowen Farmstead
5701 Dr. Bowen Road
Village of Aquasco
Brandywine, MD 20613
Welcome a new-fashioned, pasture-based farm! Join us for an afternoon of rural FUN while you learn about initiatives to conserve and renew our natural and cultural heritage.
Fun Activities to Celebrate Rural Living!
- Live Music by “The Swampy Bottom Boys” and Special Guests!
- Taste of Local-Potluck starts at 12 Noon
- Hoops and stilts for kid fun
- Nature scavenger hunt starts at 1 PM
- Sustainable Door prizes
- “Prettiest Cow” Contest!
- Old Jar Flea Market/Farmer’s Market & Local Artisans /Red Bud Trees
- “What is it?” collection of farm and home items from the past
- Antique tractors and cars
- Birds of prey/Pottery Making /Silent Auction
- Scarecrow Stuffing … And more FUN
- Informative Displays
Sponsored By: The Black Swamp Creek Land Trust Inc., Maryland Organic Food and Farming Association, Prince George’s Soil Conservation District, The Paturxent Tidewater Land Trust and The Patuxent Riverkeeper. Agency and organizational representatives will be on hand to answer questions you may have about voluntary land conservation methods.
Please let us know if you are planning to attend, wish to contribute an activity, or volunteer! – contact Joanne (301) 502-3261 or email@example.com. The event is FREE, however donations are encouraged. See you there!