Upper Marlboro Research and Education Center
Rain or Sunshine
Thursday- August 11, 2016
2005 Largo Road
4:30 PM until 8:30 PM
Please join Dr. Cerriti R. R. Hooks, Dept of Entomology, and The University of Maryland Extension Service for an evening of food, fun and informative wagon stops to these and other unknown destinations at the Sustainable Ag and Organic Twilight Tour.
- See the 3rd field season of a vegetable winter cover crop pest management trial and discuss results from prior years with Peter Coffey.
- View and discuss with Hanna Kahl her project with Dr. Guihua Chen on: Using red clover to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and enhance pollinators in cucurbits.
- Dr. A. William Leslie will show and tell his latest creations on how to build an ecologically based weed management program for organic and conventional producers.
- Hear the latest from Veronica Johnson on how post-harvest practices and environmental factors impact Bt protein degradation in genetically modified corn.
- Hear farmer(s) discuss their on-farm weed management trials and interests, and take a peek at R 2’s demonstration on growing beans with the sterile seed-bed method.
- Dr. Jerry Brust and friends will discuss organic cantaloupe production.
- Guy Kilpatric will have a monologue on “Terp Farm,” a sustainable farming operation.
No payment is necessary, but must RSVP by August 01, so that all attendees can be added to the guest list. Email RSVP is highly recommended and preferred but if that is not possible, call and leave a clear description of each attendee’s name at the number below.
Email V. J. at email@example.com and in the subject line write “twilight tour”. Be sure to list the name of each attendee in the email message or if you must reserve by phone, leave attendees’ names @ 301-405-4728.